Saturday, October 3, 2009

Gaming News

- COD: Modern Warfare 2 Achievements have been posted up at x360a.  Check them out here. I'm pretty happy about the Special Ops ones, as this is the one feature I'm looking forward to the most.

- It's good to see a return of the Adventure 'Point & Click' games to this generation of consoles.  After the release of the critically received Wallace & Grommit, Sam & Max and Monkey Island to the XBLA, it seems as if more are to come.  2K Play are up next with a new title on XBLA called Axel & Pixel.  It releases on October 14th, and you can check out the trailer here.  These games are a great way to relive my childhood days of Space Quest and Police Quest filling up my hours.  Speaking of, hey LucasArts, give us XBLA Police Quest already!!

- Another interesting title coming to XBLA this month is a Puzzle/Adventure Side-Scroller called Lucidity.  It looks quite original and has a great look to the art.  Check out the trailer here.  Expect some impressions this week, as the game is scheduled to release this Wednesday October 7th, alongside the South Park tower defense game.  The achievement lists can be found at x360a.  Check them out if interested.

South Park: Let's Go Tower Defense
Lucidity

-With all of the delays going into the holiday season, I'm interested in what your Most Wanted list looks like for the remainder of 2009.  It's not all doom & gloom as there is a ton of great games coming up for the end of 2009.  What games would you like to hear more about?

My Top 5 for the rest of 2009 is as follows:
1. COD: Modern Warfare 2 (I'm sure this will be in about, oh, 4 million other ppls lists)
2. Left 4 Dead 2 (I love the simplicity of the first.  The ultimate pick up & play game)
3. Assassin's Creed 2 (As long as they fix the repetitiveness of the first and mix in a good ending, I'm in)
4. Forza Motorsport 3 (The true driving sim? With 2 discs of content and 400 cars it just might be)
5. DJ Hero (As a huge hip-hop fan, this is the music game I've been waiting for)

Honorable Mention: The Ballad of Gay Tony GTA DLC, NBA Live 10, NBA 2K10, FIFA 10

- I'm hoping with my vacation this week I can get my whoring Gamerscore up to 98,000.  The goal is to have 100,000 by year's end.  With a slate of Sports titles to arrive this month including FIFA 10, NBA Live 10 + 2K10, this should be well within reach.  I'm hoping I can finish up Need For Speed: Shift and DiRT 2 this week, as well as get neck deep into the NBA releases and Operation Flashpoint.  I'm sure I'll look into Lucidity and maybe finish up my Madden DLC achievements I've been putting off.  NHL 10 might need attention as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment